Our Texas Chapter has memorable experiences investigating the Alamo and Menger Hotel!
The most haunted place in San Antonio is the Alamo, the main site of The Battle of Alamo. It used to be called the Mission San Antonio de Valero when the city was under Mexican rule.
The Menger Hotel, one of the state's oldest and best-known hotels, was opened by William Menger on Alamo Square in San Antonio on January 31, 1859. Before the land on which elegant Menger Hotel sits became a hotel, it was the scene of perhaps the most remembered fight for Texas Independence. The Battle of the Alamo.
On a private case at an undisclosed location during November-2020, our team historian uncovered some interesting artifacts. While they have no paranormal attachments, they are very interesting.
A member of our California team had a great experience at Murial's in New Orleans
Lots of people save for years to travel to New Orleans and eat at Muriel’s—but one lucky (or unlucky) being gets a reserved seat every night. A compulsive gambler, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan purchased the building that would become Muriel’s after the Great New Orleans Fire of 1788 and renovated it to become his “dream home,” according to Muriel’s website.
However, in 1814 he lost the building in a poker game. Devastated, he killed himself on the house’s second floor. He continues to make his spectral presence known to employees, moving furniture and smashing the occasional glass. In tribute to its ghostly former owner, Muriel’s maintains not only his special table set with bread and wine, but also a designated séance room where Jourdan can hang out. Muriel’s is directly next door to the Place d’Armes, a historic French Quarter hotel with its own ghoulish story.
Join the Riverside Iowa Paranormal Team, part of the Warren Legacy Foundation for Paranormal Research, as we investigate a location rich with history, elegance and beauty.
The Renwick Mansion was built in 1877 for Lumber Barron William Renwick. William made his money when he took over the lumber/sawmill business of Renwick, Corssett and Shaw, which was founded by his father James.
The Renwick Mansion is one of Davenports finest examples of Italian Revival Villa Architecture. One of the many unique features of this home is the large 4th story tower that overlooks the Mississippi River.
In 1907 the mansion became a part of the St. Katharine’s School and was dubbed St. Margaret’s House. In 1973 is was sold and became a part of a nursing home complex known as St. Katherine’s Living Center.
We were honored to have the opportunity to investigate the Historic McDonald AirBnB with the owners Katy and Olivia!
This elegant and stately home, built in 1855 by the prominent businessman James D. McDonald has been artfully renovated and restored and is now serving the community as an Airbnb. The home is rich in history including ties to the Underground Railroad and Native Americans. Most intriguing is its concealed past, including a suicide, or was it a murder? Guests have had many paranormal experiences, including being touched, hearing disembodied voices, EVP’s and much, much more!
Under the light of a full Blue Moon guest has experiences that they couldn't find at a haunted house....they experienced true paranormal activity at our Haunted Halloween Event at Malvern Manor. We had access to the entire Manor including: the nurses wing, "Bloody Hallway," and "Shadow Man Hallway."
The Iowa Junior Crew visited the Black Angel of Council Bluffs, Iowa.
By Blake Ursch / World-Herald staff writer
The winged figure looms over a quiet grove. On a clear afternoon, she’s draped in sunlight, and a breeze gently shakes the leaves from surrounding trees. Brown and black squirrels scurry around the scene.
The angel extends her right hand, as if inviting a viewer to join her on the prow of the ancient vessel she stands on. In her left, she holds a dish, eternally overflowing into the basin beneath her. Her gaze is fixed westward. Her expression, serene.
She doesn’t look like she’s trying to kill you.
And yet, the Black Angel of Council Bluffs, standing near the edge of Fairview Cemetery, has inspired dozens, perhaps hundreds, of malevolent myths in the decades since her dedication.
The Beattie Mansion AKA The House on the Hill, is quickly becoming known as one of the most haunted locations in the U.S.
Built in 1854 by Armstrong and Eliza Beattie as their personal residence, the building originally consisted of just the east wing. Armstrong was the 1st banker in St. Joseph and was a shrewd and wealthy businessman. He was first elected mayor in 1857 and would go on to be re-elected 4 other times making him the only person to serve as mayor of St. Joseph 5 times. Armstrong died mysteriously in 1878 after a “sudden bout of cholera”. Eliza died 2 years later in 1880 and the couple left no heirs.
The home was sold to the Ladies Union Benevolence Association (LUBA) and became a “Home for the Friendless” accommodating the homeless and distressed. In 1895, along with funding from a private family, the home was expanded and the west wing was built.
The Riverside Iowa Paranormal team had the honor of being a guest speaker/presenter at the Lone Tree Wellness Center Family Fright Night.
We spoke for a great group! The children present were very interested in the equipment and wanted to learn about it.
Copyright © 2019 Riverside Iowa Paranormal - All Rights